FULFIL THAT PASSION FOR CROSSING CONTINENTS & CULTURES!
Hospitality, tourism and culinary arts are all inextricably interrelated to the pursuit of fulfilling experiences. Dynamic and constantly evolving, the hospitality, tourism and culinary arts industries are bustling full of exciting employment opportunities, locally and internationally.
These exciting service-focused fields require broad skills, knowledge and etiquette covering a range of areas; from front office management, hospitality and tourism geography, event management, food and beverage services, menu development and such for hospitality, to culinary essentials, food nutrition and production, culinary artistry, molecular cuisine, advanced butchery and various cuisine styles for culinary.
At KDU, students are taught in specialised facilities that mirror state-of-the-art, real-world environments. Our range of programmes ensures graduates are armed with a combination of knowledge and skills for an industry that is a growing contributor to burgeoning economies.
KDU is also a member of and carries recognition from:
- World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS) Recognition of Quality Culinary Education
- Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA)
- The Malaysian Food and Beverage Executives Association
WHY CHOOSE KDU?
GLOBAL OUTLOOK THROUGH INTERNATIONAL NETWORK
KDU provides its hospitality, tourism and culinary arts' students with an international experience, allowing them to achieve a global outlook be it during or after their studies. They develop an acute appreciation of the added value of graduating with relevant international study and work experience, and how this benefits their personal development and future careers in hospitality and tourism management as well as in culinary arts.
During their studies, students can participate in these international study opportunities:
|IMI (Switzerland) International Residential Study Trip|
|Italian Cuisine – Semester Abroad at ALMA La Scuola Internazionale, Italy|
STUDENTS ALSO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF UNDERGOING THEIR INTERNSHIP ABROAD.
|Partnership with HOSCO|
|Partnership with HILTON WORLDWIDE|
|J1 Exchange Visitor Visa Programme|
|Collaboration With Accorhotels|
INTERNSHIPS (LOCAL AND ABROAD)
Internships offer the potential for valuable learning opportunities outside the standard classroom setting. It is to put to practice what students were taught in the school and to develop their skills within all the different departments in the Hospitality Industry. Internships serves as a bridge between traditional academic settings and the professional world to which the students aspires to get into.It is the beginning of a lifelong journey for students and from thereon begin their careers in the Hospitality Industry. Internships strengthens the students resume for future career advancements.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
Our programmes are highly regarded, and our students and lecturers have gone on to participate and win in industry-recognised competitions. These include:
- Battle of the Chefs Penang, Malaysia
- Career@Hiltonlive Hospitality Talent Cup, Malaysia
- International MIHAS Apprentice Chefs’ Competition, Malaysia
- Food and Hotel Malaysia Culinary Challenge (FHM), Malaysia
- Food and Hotel Asia Culinary Challenge (FHA), Singapore
- Hans Bueschkens Challenge, Chile
- Hong Kong International Culinary Classic (HOFEX), Hong Kong
- International Emirates Salon Culinaire, Dubai
- The Big Cooking Contest, Austria
- I-Chef - Worlds Largest Chefs Gathering
- FHI, Food Hotel Indonesia
- Barista Malaysian Challenge
- FHM, Food Hotel Malaysia
- Golden Jubilee of HRH The Sultan of Brunei
- World Chefs Without Borders (feeding the poor)
- Culinary World Cup in Luxembourg
- World Chef Culinary Classic Competition Under American Culinary Federation